- Creation of CHTs: 1860 (By the Raid of frontier tribes act, 1860)
- Previous name: Karpas mahal (1715-1860)
- First superintendent of this district: Captain Macgrath (1860)
- First Deputy Commissioner of this district: T.H. Lewin (The designation superintendent changed into Deputy Commissioner in 1867)
- Special administrative system called CHTs regulation: 1900 (1 of 1900)
- CHTs declared excluded area: 1920
- Mong circle created: 1782
- Excluded area turned into tribal area: 1962
- Repeal of tribal area: 1964
- First two tribal member elected in East Pakistan legislative assembly: 1954
1. Kamini Mohan Dewan
2. Birendra Kishore Roaza
- Creation of Kaptai lake: 1960 [Area of about 356 sq. miles (Dist.Gazt.) and dam has been erected at Kaptai Upazila.
- Bandarban District created : 1981
- Khagrachari District created : 1983
- Rangamati District created : 1983
- Creation of CHT Development Board: 1976 (With a view to ensure the development activities in 3 hill districts)
- Creation of Bandarban Local Govt. Council: 6th March, 1989 (Later renamed as Hill District Council)
- Historical peace accord signed between CHT National Committee & PCJSS: 2nd December 1997.
- Creation of CHTs Regional Council: 24th May 1998.
- Creation of Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs: 15th July 1998.
- The first District HQ. of CHT was “Chandraghona”.
- In 1881, the British Indian Government had divided the CHT into three circles according to the jurisdiction of the Rajas, named : Chakma circle, Mong circle and Bohmong circle
There are three Raja (kings) in CHT
- The Bohmang Raja
- The Chakma Raja
- The Mong Raja